link g1 lem 3 temp sender setting ??

ryan phillips

Hey there,

just had a question i needed to bounce off you guys, first of this application is on a vr4 4g63t (that has not been fully tuned)

the 2 settings for the eng temp screen on the g1 hand controllers are =link or =NTC, the difference when switching between these to is a lot,

all tho i am running my standard NTC sensor when set to NTC  setting the idle drops to a cough and splutter and when throttle is abruptly opened the engine cuts out for a second before starts to rev out, this is the same when under load and time my foot is taken of and reapplied abuptly engine cuts before revving out, the cold* displays 6 deg cels and 10% on the hand controller when set on NTC witch looks like the least correct  reading on the Cold* hand controller screen of the 2 Eng temp settings , also the Hand controlled does not dim or reset to the rpm screen. also what is the %10 showing on the cold*screen? the hand book doesn't mention what the % repersents

When the =Link temp setting is chosen the Cold* displays the most correct reading at just over 90'  deg cel and 0%  average running temp, This setting will idle perfect and rev out responsively and nicely when not under load but when taken down the road and throttle is abruptly or slowly opened when boost is starting to build up the engine cuts out for a second or a little more before re engauding, will do this when ever foot is put down. i did note that on this setting during the time when the engine cuts out the hand controller screen dims and ********** come up on most of the screen, when engine cuts back in the hand controller seems to reset to the rpm screen if screen was previously on a different setting? is this some sort of limp mode possibly??

my main question is, is it un-usual for there to be such a different in running of the engine when these to settings are changed around??

any help would be much appresiated,

Thanks
Ryan

The NTC setting is what should be used. Im assuming when the engine is hot it is reading 6deg?

The 10% is the fuel correction for warmup enrichment.

I suspect there is a wiring issue as the display should not dim or reset at any time when the ECU is powered.

I would start buy checking the power supply and both earth to the ECU from the engine block.

Also on these old ECU's we are starting to see many with broken solder joins on the main header which could also cause issues like this.