air temp sensor - with link g4 storm

simon gardner

Hi Simon.

The best input to use will be one of the 'AN Temp' channels as they have been designed for temperature related things and has pull up resistors and all sorts to just make it work well for you.  It gets a bit compicated when using a normal ANVolt channel for a temp sensor, so just stick with that.

In PCLink, temperature sensors that already have a callibration in there are as follows... STD Bosch NTC, Bosch 0-280-130-017, Hella 6PT-009-109-041, Delphi AC, KTY83, Yamaha FX/FZ ECT, Yamaha FX/FZ IAT. 

Link sell the Bosch style NTC, and the Delphi style IAT sensors.  I kow these work well through my own experiences (I like the Delphi myself).  Some people do tend to believe the Bosch type does respond quicker because the body is not made from metal like the others.

Jurgen

hi jurgen thanks for replying to my post . so am i right in thinking that once its wired up and connected to an an volt channel and you configure it to say bosch sensor with plastic body ....thats it.

will the ecu then adjust the fueling to match the air intake temp in terms of how much is needed to correct any  running issues or is there a calibration table i will need to work on .

many thanks

simon

hi jurgen iv had a good luck in the pc link and i have found the air temperature / fuel / ignition  trim tables.

im thinking of getting the open type bosch sensor , its an n/a running motor will i be ok with this do you think. iv read and have been told they act a little faster with being open sided.

it looks like i have more fun and games on my hands.

thank you

simon

Hi Simon.

Yes we already have a Bosch sensor calibration to suit the sensor we sell (part No. above).  And no, on the 'fooling' thing, as you probably have figured out finding the trim tables.  If you haven't figured it out, and for others that might read this, the trim tables work as just that... A trim.

On a single row, or multi dimentional table you will have IAT on one axis, and a load on the other (usually TP)... If you leave it all as it was it should be pretty good as it is worked out over an ideal gas law.  The numbers in the middle trim% of fuel delivery by adding or subtracting as needed.

Jurgen