Who are the LINK Guru's in Sydney?

Patrick Garvan

As it says, who's used anyone in Sydney of note? Is it crucial for the dyno operator/tuner to be fully up to speed with Link (G3+, Knockbox etc)? What about if they're not familiar with my type of car? If I'm provided with a base map am I dreaming that they will sort it out in one day? If not, would it be likely that I could drive it home that night to return next day? Sorry for the newbie questions. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. thx.

What you need is a good tuner, not necessarily one experienced with your car type or a Link ECU.  It is their reputation that is most important...  Check the dealers page of www.linkecu.com for the closest person to you.  They shouldn't take more than a day to do the actual tune work but may need to keep it for a few days to do cold start tuning and some of the other finer points...

Well there's a Kiwi guy at Advan Performance who is the only one listed on your site. I have contacted him a few times and they didn't sound overly keen, but they were moving their workshop so I'll give him another try. I would like someone that knows the LINK as that will save time compared to someone that doesn't. I'm surprised that there isn't more than one agent listed for the whole of Sydney. 5 million people now...

That depends how trusting you are.  Some guys leave them in permanently "In case they get a bad batch of fuel" (skoff).  Most people trust that their engine is tuned correctly and with enough margin that they don't need to leave tuning tools in their permanently.  If you are an enthusiast or want to learn/do your own tuning then you could leave it in there...