ASHLEY HELP - Trigger Calibration G2

Adam Grosso

HEEEELLLP. lol I have a Link G2 Plus ECU with a LS1 sub-board fitted. I have an LS1 motor of course. It runs but the timing is VERY retarded. So much so that it makes no power and fuel is not being burnt up in the cylinder. We were running at 28 degrees timing in the chart with this problem. We then changed it to 36 degrees (which is way too much for this motor) and made double the power. So I obviously need calibrate the triggers and timing as it is way off. My question is how do I do this? I have read the calibration steps but how do I actually adjust this? I can't physically change the sensor location on this motor, nor can I change the timing wheel locations. I figured there would be some way to change the setting in the ECU but it doesn't seem to be that way. As I understand it I have to use the "1 Tooth per TDC" trigger mode since I have a G2. The sub board takes the LS1 trigger setup (I beleive 24 tooth crank, 1 tooth cam) and converts it to 1 trigger per TDC. So if I have a timing mark at 0 degrees TDC for cylinder 1 how do I calibrate this. I can go and lock the crank timing to ON and set it at 0 degrees to check if it is correct, but if it is not how do I adjust this. I can set which cylinder fires after the sync position but that is still not a real adjustment. Also, if I only have a timing mark at 0 degrees TDC, will that be an issue for startup since it seems that the Link ECU uses this crank timing under the calibrate trigger menu. Do I need a timing mark at 10 BTDC or can I use the 0 degree TDC mark I have? If the ignition is not firing at either mark I set, how do I adjust for this? Or do I just have to add the value to the ignition table? Like if I find the ignition timing is off by 13 degrees, and I want to set a certain sell to 28 degrees advance, do I actually have to set it to 41? Please help, Adam

One more thing. I tried figuring out what the actual timing is so I found 0 TDC and marked it. I then changed the Lock to Timing to ON, the timing light was showing 23 degrees AFTER TDC. I then changed that setting to OFF and the CRANK TIMING was 10 BTDC, and checked it with a timing light and saw 13 AFTER TDC. So this tells me that the computer is ~23 degrees late when compared to what the actual top dead center is. But my question is how do I correct this without Physically moving the crank sensor which is impossible? Also, when I changed the CRANK TIMING setting to anything else, I never saw a difference in the reading when using the timing light. So how do I get the CRANK TIMING to affect what I read with the timing light? DO I have to do a store in a certain way, or change the setting and then store and then change the lock to crank timing to off? As I understand it, the computer will fire a TDC when that setting is ON, so how do I get to fire at what the crank timing is set too? Because when it is off the crank timing is greyed out? Thanks, Adam