DisplayLink - logging

Robin Breiland

I am sorry to say, but my skyline is now without engine for the winter... BUT, when I was driving it, with LinkPlus G3 and displaylink, I never got the logging on my displaylink to work! The best I got, was to enable it, but no more. Is there any good explanation on how to do logging on the displaylink? And, also, are there any ways of updating the software on the displaylink? I notice there are often firmware updates on the ecu`s, but what about the displaylink? It would also be nice with some software made to program the displaylink, to make custom gauges and graphs... And, is it only accesible through the canbus? It would really be nice to rund both the DisplayLink, and the PCLink both connected to the LinkPlus. Robin.

I am not sure why you could not get the logging to work...   There is a menu option that permanently disables logging.  Turn that option on.  Then on any of the number or gauge screens hold down the select button for a few seconds.  "Logging..." will come up at the bottom of the screen.  Hold down the select button for a few seconds to stop logging.  You can select and playback your logs in the logging menu.

DisplayLink software is not in field updateable.  At this stage there are no firmware updates available.

In the future there will be some work done on the DisplayLink to allow it to run at the same time as PCLink, no promises when.  All depends on how popular the DisplayLink is.  There is no intention to make the gauges configurable at this stage.

• 4 months later...

Yeah, we have had some supplier problems with the DisplayLink.  Unfortuneately problems in electronics manufacture extend into many months rather than weeks.  Each time we have had a shipment come in they have all been pre-ordered and sold immediately.  You will have to put your name on one in the next batch if you want one.  At the moment I do not know of any other displays that work with Link ECU's...