Semi-sequential on 6cyl, not group

Leiden

Have also posted something similar in the G4+ forums but it seems these ones are more active.

What Im wanting to do is run semi-seq fuel on a 6cyl with just a crank sensor (36-1) my old Haltech could do this however it seems Ill be limited to group injection which isnt idea for large injectors & smooth idle.

I was wondering if I could run the engine as a 3 cylinder 2 stroke, this would give me a semi-sequential like setup, would this cause issues with end of injection timing? My thoughts is that instead of say 430 deg before tdc, youd fire at 70, since in a semi-seq setup the wasted cylinder actually fires at this time anyway.

Would appreciate some feedback, cheers

You could try the 2 stroke option but I'm not sure of all the effects this might have.

Regardless of it being group or semi sequential you are going to have injectors not firing at the ideal time.

I do not think you would see a difference in the running of the engine.

Having the correct injector data in the form of dead times and short pulse width added information is going to be much more critical to the running at low speeds.

Thanks for the advice Simon,

My main concern with group injection is there is always a cylinder that will get a partial injection relying on the previous squirt to make up the fuel total, so two cylinders will get a squirt on a closed valve, one will be partially open so the atomization will end up different compared to the two that had the fuel better atomized by the hot valves, hence why semi-sequential injection is used over group.

With semi-sequential both cylinders at tdc together alternate between a squirt at 70 degrees btdc, and 430 degrees btdc (say a 430 degree end of injection) both on closed intake valves, this evens the fueling out on these two cylinders. Group injection will.always have a 'third wheel' cylinder.

This might not be important at wide open throttle but for tip-in, lean cruise and short pulse widths it does make a real world difference, thats why Im suprised Link doesnt support this already, the outputs are there just not the programming?