Link LEM V3 - no injector or ingnition pulse

David Schulz

i bought a car with this ecu but it wasnt wired up completly or correctly and i have since solved many wiring faults but am still struggling to get anywhere.

Currently i have 12v at INJ1 on the ECU and at both pins on the injector plugs its wired so it batch fires all 4 injectors but this doesnt seem correct and this doesnt change when cranking.

Ignition wise i have 0v at ING1 and ING2 when not cranking then i get 12v as soon as i start cranking the engine and sometimes it drops to 10v every so often. At the dual channel ignitor i get 3-6v on the output when i start cranking then 11v straight after i stop cranking which slowly drops back to 0v after a little.

I have checked the wiring over and over and cant see anything wrong. The ECU switches the fuel pump relay as soon as cranking starts so i can only assume its getting triggering but as i dont have the hand controller i dont really know.

the car is a 3S-GTE running wasted spark with two coils off a 7M-GTE supra engine if that helps any.

thanks david

Hi David.

Hard to tell how you have it wired from the description (photo of crappy hand drawn images accepted :) ), but yes to the triggers if you have FP.  If you are using a G1 LEM and have a 3S-GTE wanting to run wasted, I would be wiring it as IGN #1 to 1 & 4, and IGN #2 to 3 & 2 (assuming your firing order is 1, 3, 4, 2).  Then have the IGN setup as wasted.

Seeing 12v on the injector line is OK because this is the feed supply you are seeing from the other end, it will only go "LOW" when it sees an injection event.  It's only a coil/solenoid thing the injector, so this is normal.  Also, on the ignition thing, you are most likely using a multimeter - This just can't operate fast enough to show you whats happening on that very quickly "pulsed" line.

Let me know if this helps at all.

Jurgen