Knock Block - Engine Frequency

ImpulseGF8

Hi I just purchased a knock block and before I hook it up I was wanting to know if you know the average frequency settings for the EJ20T and 4G93T so I know where to start. If I set it to a higher frequency on the block does that cancel out any noise below that setting as a starting point before altering the sensativity ? Also do you have the LED kits rather than having to buy a knocklink and remove the LED's, or just make a led kit with 1V increments on the resisitors to each LED ? Does your LED kit allow for voltage drop per LED light etc just want to get the LED's working properly if I make them myself. Thanks, Warren

The frequency you use is dependednt on the position of the sensor, the engine and its state of tune.   You will have to work this out by testing.  Note that the frequency switch does not affect the audio output.  Our tuner says that he typically uses 6kHz for an EJ20, but it can vary depending on other noise the motor is getting.  The frequency switch selects the centre frequency of a band pass filter, so it filters out noise above and below the selected frequency.

Why would you need to buy a KnockLink and remove the LED's (excuse me asking!).  The knock block has a 0-5V output that can be run into an ECU, datalogger or dyno.  If you want a display for it, you could purchase our KnockLink Digital gauge.  Has a pointer and multicolour backlight.  Runs off the knockblock.  Not sure why LED voltage drop matters, they are run in a constant current mode...

Thanks, for the reply.

Here in Australia AVO sell the knocklink display unit with an upgrade ( if you could call it that ) which is where they remove the LED display from the unit and run it to a longer wire that can then be placed resting in front of the speedo in a smaller thin case rather than the large device seeing as you only really want to look at the LED's and can then hide the unit behind glove box etc.

I was offerred the knocklink when I bought the knockblock but thought it was kind of stupid as it is basically the same device minus the earphone jack, all I wanted was the LED kit so I could wire it up to my 0-5V wire.

There is no LED kit that can be wired up to the 0-5V wire, only the KnockLink Digital gauge.  What AVO do is essentially stretch the legs of the LED's out on wires...   The KnockLink has the knock detection circuitry on it and a special driver IC for the LED's.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...