Twin radiator fans ?

Matt Dunn

Setting up my new G3 LEM and have a couple of questions? I am using PC link version 3.31. I wish to use Aux 3 to run the radiator fans. No problem set it up as normal. I want it so the fan comes on at 92 deg. Next i want to run an overtemp light on the dash so i connect AUX 6 to a dash light, 12V 4w bulb, And I set it up also as a radiator fan and set it a bit higher at 98 deg. Problem is, now when i go back to check AUX 3, the actual fan setup, there is no values or boxes for the values? Can you not run two separate fan Circuits? You seem to not be able to configure a GP output with a temp sw? Any suggestions? or am I doing something wrong. Also, I got the LEM with a 5 bar map sensor, but the only two drop down boxes are Link 2.5 bar or link 7 Bar? I presume I just use the higher one of the two, or when I finish the wiring and power up and connect to the ECU will it self sense? Matt

You cannot run two auxiliary drives configured as fan.  There are a few items that can only be configured for one drive.  Use Aux 6 as a GP Output and set "Switch Logic = Cond 1 only", "Condition 1 = ECV > Value 1 and "Value 1 = 98".  that will switch the output when ECT is greater than 98 degrees.

The 5 bar MAP sensor is actually a 7 bar sensor.  The mistake is in the sales stuff.  Select Link 7 bar as your sensor option.  Make sure you do a MAP calibration if you are changing the MAP sensor setting...