G3

Giovanni Wood

Hello all, I have just bought a G3 (2nd hand) for my roadcar, all fitted ok, have managed to get PC link working/connected all good! It came with a map already loaded and the previous owner gave me some maps he had when the unit was running in his car. Is there an easy way to compare the the different maps using PC link v.3.40?????

Thanks for the response Dave, Sorry, I should have stated a bit more info! The ECU has come out of a fairly standard M3 3.2 and fitted to my car, also a 3.2. It runs fine, however I wanted to compare the different .pcl files I was given to see exactly what the differences are, fueling, ignition, Vanos position etc to see if they will be safe for road use! Reading the help files in PC Link it says the connected ECU will be checked with .pcl files stored in PC Link and the differences shown??? I have not seen this at any time. I know the maps I have are different as I have checked them with Ultra edit hex/binary compare program. I appreciate your help... Regards Giovanni

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Giovanni.

What Dtech says is correct, the only real way to do this would be connect to the ECU with PCLink, and then the map you want to compare, open this in another session of PCLink (yes, you can have two open at once). 

The Hex tool you are using is not a very good way to do what you are trying to achieve.  Once you have both maps open in different PCLink's, you just need to ALT+TAB between them quickly for the best comparison. 

Jurgen