Turbo Link Question

Daniel Burgess1436215411

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daniel.

Short answer is , yes, it could be used (providing it is distributed and not multi-coil).  Longer answer is really speaking you would benifit greatly from using a full ECU.  The TurboLink only intercepts the ignition wire going to the ignitor, and makes ignition timing changes from there (obviously with the signal already outputted from the factory ECU it can only retard timing).

It also is a bit hit and miss whether even that can be done as a lot of manufactures have feedback from the igniter.  Hondas were OK, but I don't know about the Toyota.  If this is the case though, you might end up with something worse off than where you are.

It takes in ignition, MAP and RPM, and zones can be programmed to allow for you to add extra fuel with "additional injectors" only, it will not use your existing injectors (unless you have a 5th).  Then the next problem is you may need an FCD or worse still your may have a MAP activated cut in your factory ECU.

Personally I wouldn't go there, but if it's cheap and you have the time to spend on something that may not potentially work for you then I suppose you could try it.  My advice would be to make sure all of the above mentioned checks out before you buy it.

Jurgen