edited warm up enrichment but idle is still high - any other things I can edit?

anthony mcgrath

hi all

I've been having a high idle issue on my R33 skyline GTST since the ecu went in and I cant seem to find out what the problem is.  I've checked the idle valve and thats screwed in quite far lowering the idle and there aren't any air leaks either as the idle isn't hunting or anything.

I fitted a nismo thermostat and an oil cooler about 4-6 months ago.

the oil cooler came off just before xmas because the oil just wouldn't warm up and the oil pressure was mental high all the time!  ..and this week the nismo thermostat came off (whilst having a clutch change) and an oem thermostat (new) put back in.

So I'm quite happier now - oil temps climb to a more respectable 70degrees and ECT seems to climb to about 62 as it goes through warm up in the garage.  With a run out and return it climbs a bit higher and oil pressure is more sensible.

I'm pretty much at the point where the ol' gal is ready to be mapped :D

Anyhow with those things being a bit more sensible I thought I'd have a go at editing the warm up enrichment.  I ran through it last night editing the value on the 0% TP as it warmed up.  At 70degrees I've got it so the warm up enrichment is pretty much decayed out completely.  I attached a screenshot to show what I mean.

My problem is that the car STILL doesn't seem to be dropping in terms of RPM - its still idling quite high.  If I take it out for a drive the RPM is lower at 40mph than the idle at traffic lights!  If I pull up at lights the idle will literally climb to about 1500-1600rpm.

I'm just a bit lost as to what I can adjust now to bring it down.

I've attached shots of my Warm Up Enrichment and IGN table for reference.

a>

a>

anyone got any ideas

ant

ps sorry for long post - just trying to cover the angles and full picture of where the car is at.