More Tables??

Guest Marcel B

Guest Marcel B

Hi all , Ray are there any plans to increase the number of tables that are available for allocation :?: With so many features and so much capability , the 12 tables available are quickly used up :!: also a couple more CAL tables would be great too :D

ok, I found some strange situation here:

vipec.th.jpg

which calibration will be used if you can choose from 2? :)

For example if I choose Oil Pressure, I can only pickup from the list cal tables.

Guest Marcel B
Marcel,

You can have a user defined table for every Aux output and spare Injector and Ignition outputs, plus 4.4.1 firmware now has three Virtual Aux outputs that can have tables. With the Virtual Aux outputs, you can create some quite complex controls.

This is true , but functions like individual knock control , snap detonation , 3D an/or 4D ignition etc. tables all require separate tables , I also want to set up the slip / traction control feature but there is now no table available :cry:

Guest Marcel B
I think he runs out of free tables on "Table allocation", there is maximum T12.

Marcel post how much and what tables are you running?

I am using all 12 tables ;

1. Trailing ignition split.

2. Boost table

3. Knock target

4. Knock I trim cyl #2

5. Aux 1 PWM

6. knock I trim Cyl# 1

7. Aux 2 PWM (H2O injection)

8. GP RPM limit 2

9. Ign ECT trim

10. transient IGN Retard

11. IGN IAT trim

12. GP RPM Limit 1

Reply from one of the engineers..

Not in the short term. A few more tables may be added in the future. For individual cylinder knock control, best to group cylinders with similar trim requirements rather than one table for each cylinder...

As you know , my car is an RX7 with two rotor 13B motor , most times when these motors "pop" the rear rotor is damaged , so I think the individual cylinder knock control is a great feature to help mitigate this .If there is no other option , I will have to use one table for both cylinders :(

As you know , my car is an RX7 with two rotor 13B motor , most times these motors "pop" the rear rotor goes , so I think the individual cylinder knock control is a great feature to help mitigate this .If there is no other option , I will have to use one table for both cylinders

You have both front and rear rotor trim tables now. What is the knock level difference from front to rear rotor ?

Ray.

Guest Marcel B

You have both front and rear rotor trim tables now. What is the knock level difference from front to rear rotor ?

Ray.

I dont know , I have not had a chance to mess with it , I'm just too busy at work . I will get some time off soon.

Aux PWM 1 is used for my water injection systems first stage (two staged system) and the GP RPM Limit 2 table is used to limit RPM's against A/F ratio.

Guest Marcel B
Marcel,

Your GP RPM Limit based on air fuel ratio is a bad idea. This is going to cause you a lot of problems. I would mount a fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail and use a GP Output to control a warning light. That will give you the table you want for traction control.

You think ? I just need something to protect my engine from lean run conditions , I know you and others may say PROPER tuning is the solution to this problem , but this will be ineffective if a fuel pump fails or an injector sticks or something of the sort . Maybe you can look at adding this element to the boost limiting stratergy sometime in the NEAR future :?:

Marcel,

Yes I do think it will cause you problems. I would even bet that your overrun cut problems, relate to the GP RPM limit 2 table.

From your posts I take it you are still tuning the engine. When you are tuning you should turn off all the fluff. You only want the very basics turned on. That way you will not get confused as to the cause of some tuning problem.

Things that should be off include, knock control, CLC narrow or wideband, home growen limiters, ignition trim based on temperature.

You need the IAT fuel correction turned on and the AFR correction enabled.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...