STI 2003 misfires at 5500rpm

Guest |352|

Hi guys,

i have like a ghost fuel cut at 5500rpm on an STI 2003. Even when accelerating at idle i get this kind of fuel cut then the rpm goes like crazy to 8000rpm.

Can anbody help, with the original ECU i dont get this problem.

Cheers

Hi Niven

It may be caused by trigger errors. Open the triggers which is located at the bottom in the software screen. Check when the misfire appeares, if the trigger error counter counts up, then you are having trigger issues. Try to increase/decrease at the rpm you are having trouble with. You can also try with another filter level.

If you are having trigger errors, I will post you my trigger settings on a STI with similar issues. I tried to open the file, but the battery in my laptop was dead, and I could not find the ac/dc adapter. Think I left it at the dyno... :oops: .

Will try tomorrow

agree with trigger prob.

i had the same issue, different engine, but the problem you describe sounds the same. however, the trigger error counts did not increase in the software.

Do as Ben says and reduce the filter levels. The 2001-07 cars have a crank trigger wheel that can have one different density tooth to all the others. This results in trigger errors. The ultimate fix is to replace the crank trigger wheel with a new one, and hope this does not have the same problem. I have seen this problem many times before on these engines. It effects each brand ECU in different ways. The Autronic will not start hot, with the Vipec we normal see a rev limit at around 6000 rpm. Changing the filter settings will fix the problem in most cases.

Ray.