Aim Dash to Vipec hardware/software setup help request.

Guest |266|

Vipec ECU Setup:

Data Stream Baud rate must be set to 57600 and Datastream = Off.

AIM Drivers and Setup Infomation:

http://www.vi-pec.com/bin/AimDash/image.zip

http://www.vi-pec.com/bin/AimDash/ECUdriver.zip

Software Setup:

1) I send you 2 files (see LINK_G4_3_Vers_End.zip) , please replace the original files into RS2 , the default directory of installation are for example :

- C:\Program files\ AIM \ DATABASE (windows xp)

- C:\ AIM sport \ DATABASE (windows vista)

2) Please delete and create a new configuration for LINK G4 (please this operation is very important!!!) , download the new configuration into dashboard.

3) Plase connect the "AIM dash" to the Vipec AIM Adaptor (see image.zip).

4) The VIPEC LINK G4 ECU must be powered , I have connected only the ECU CABLE PORTA (connector at the left) --> (wire RED = 12V and

BLACK WIRE to GND) , otherwise , the ECU don't send any response.

5) Go to RS2 ON-LINE and see only The "ECU channels" for example "G4_RPM" channel , the other channels for example CH1,CH2,ENGINE,SPEED1 are only

relative to MXL internal channel.

Hardware Setup:

Make sure to connect everything to the right place. I mean that the cable coming from the adaptor has to be connected to the Vipec ECU through the “CAN†labeled connector, the five single wires go directly to the MXL, to the power supply and to GND also to make the adaptor be powered on.

Following connections are also described by the pictures attached

MXL RS232TX Blue ----- ADAPTOR Yellow RXD signal to AIM dash

MXL RS232RX White ----- ADAPTOR Blue TXD signal to AIM dash

MXL +12V Red ----- ADAPTOR Red +12V both connected to IGNITION

MXL GND Black ----- ADAPTOR Black GND both connected to battery/chassis GND

ADAPTOR Green SignalGND could be connected to the battery/chassis GND

Remember to Power on the ECU, the MXL and the Adapter to obtain communication among them.

Best regards , Iury

Vipec%20AIM.jpg

I bought the AIM adaptor, but just a few days ago installed my ViPec and I see that in July we were told not to use this adaptor any more. I was given some new files to load ("ECUDriver.bin" and "Configs_20800AIM.mdb"). I updated my MXL Pista dash software and firmware, then installed these files and made a new configuration from scratch for Link G4 with ViPec.

I set the baud rate in the Vipec V88 to 19200 and the data stream type as "Short Requested" as Ray told me to do just recently.

I'm most of the way there, but don't know how to wire the dash from the CAN port on the V88 without the adaptor. I cut the wires coming out of the V88 before the AIM adaptor but can't find a pinout for that cable to know which wires should go where or any instructions on how to do this. Also, some people are saying to use the serial communication wires from the dash (RX/TX) and others are saying to use the CAN (+/-) wires instead so I don't know which is correct or what color wires on the V88 cable to wire them to.

Please...anyone with a working AIM MXL dash on the new 4.4.3 software/firmware...tell me what to do so I can finish this up and get my dash working before a race tomorrow. Thanks!

On a side note...does anyone else's version info still show version 4.4.1 something after updating to 4.4.3 software and firmware despite the new 4.4.3 features like data stream type being there. I saw this, did a complete uninstall and reinstall using a 4.4.3 installing I downloaded today and it still shows as 4.4.1 something.

I was given some new files to load ("ECUDriver.bin" and "Configs_20800AIM.mdb").

you should use the newest Race Studio 2, and you don't need those files.

wires from CAN is those, like bsh wrote. It works without problems with 4.4.3

you should use the newest Race Studio 2, and you don't need those files.

wires from CAN is those, like bsh wrote. It works without problems with 4.4.3

I can confirm this to :) works like a charm with 4.4.3. Remember to set Baud rate to 19200 and datastream mode: requested short.