Setup of individual cylenders fuel correction

Guest |229|

• 4 years later...

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but this will keep the topic in one thread.

If I make a correction to one cylinder will my overall AFR then change? Or will the ECU compensate?

Also, can I just calculate the % difference in temperature and then add or reduce with that amount?

The biggest difference I have in temp is ~50 degrees celcius.

Any starting points for how much to add to correct for X temp?

The AFR reading will change as it is the average across all cylinders (assuming only one wideband input)

AFR corrections the ECU does, are to the main table so are a global correction across all cylinders.

One thing to keep in mind is the ignition timing can also have a big impact on the exhaust temp as well.

There is no calculation method that I know of to work out the correction required.

Some of the tuners out there will likely have more info on this.

Hi,

Simon is correct, to have true individual fuel trim you must run 1 pyro/cylinder or 1 wideband sensor/cylinder.

Otherwise you are purely tuning with data that is an average sum of all cylinders.

You have no way of knowing if a single cylinder is running leaner or richer than any of the other cylinders.

This is why when tuning I target a richer AFR as normally I use 1 wideband sensor 4 cyl and 6 cyl.

Sometimes I tune with dual widebands on V8's and tune the AFR as an AVERAGE.

I have attached a screen shot of a 2 stroke V6 Outboard I did with a V88, I used 1 pyro/ cylinder and dual wideband sensors.

The screen shot is of the Individual cylinder fuel trim tables I created for each cylinder with EGT on the Y axis and RPM on the X axis.

Regards

Dave.

post-1099-143450214916_thumb.gif