V88

Guest |509|

hi i am interested in your V88 ecu for my evo 9 if it can work with my specific cam/crank setup i am currently running a custom 12 tooth crank with the factory cam pick up and we cut one of the referencing points off so it can determine tdc the intake cam which has another pickup sensor for the mivec (vvc) has 4 referencing points (teeth). Also i would like to know if we can run 2200 cc injectors no problems

To use your 12 tooth trigger, the exhaust cam trigger will need one tooth. Where this tooth occurs does not matter. (it does not have to be at TDC)

For the MIVEC control connect intake cam signal to Digital 1 and select EVO9 VVT.

The V88 will drive any injectors, but the 2200 cc injectors are too big for the engine, if using normal pump fuel. If using methanol, then they will be okay.

Ray

so do i leave the 4teeth trigger on the intake or does it need to be altered also with the v88 can i use the ecu to add fuel and retard timing for a dry nos shot so it turns on the nos with specific parameters,add fuel and retard all from the ecu like in the aem.

The intake cam must have the standard four teeth. If you put the standard crank trigger back on the engine you will not have to modify anything. Just select EVO7-9 as the trigger pattern.

There is a overlay fuel table and the 4D and 5D fuel tables that can be used for dry NOS fuel. I normally use the overlay table activated by a digital input. You can also to the same with the ignition.

Ray.

If you have Injector Dynamics ID2000 (2200cc) injectors, I believe you will be fine on pump fuel as well. They are very linear regarding low pulswiths.

Ben,

This is from the Injector Dynamics website.

So how good are they?

How about an injector that flows 3300cc/min at 100 psi while maintaining linearity down to 2 msec, and capable of running a 90% duty cycle at 9000rpm!

They may be linear down to 2 msec, but they will need to be stable at well under 1 msec on pump fuel. I would guess 0.7 msec will be needed with this size injector.

I wanted to use the 12 tooth trigger wheel because on the evo with the factory trigger pattern there are usually issues with high rpm fuel and ignition a lot of complaints of timing drift

This is our drag car it should make in excess of 1000 whp which is the need for such large injectors

I wanted to use the 12 tooth trigger wheel because on the evo with the factory trigger pattern there are usually issues with high rpm fuel and ignition a lot of complaints of timing drift

That may be the case with other ECU, but not a Vipec. More teeth will make for more stable timing at low rpm on engines with 4 or less cylinder and very light flywheels. At high rpm the advantage of extra teeth is diminished. The Vipec ECU use different trigger decoding logic to other make ECU. Add to this the ignition delay setting and the ignition timing is rock solid at any rpm.

Ray.

• 6 months later...
Guest |266|

Normally I'd never disagree with Ray, but in this case his ecu and those injectors are even better than you would think. I've used those 2200s on gas on two Subaru sti engines and a ford 2.3 all with v88s. They all idle perfectly at normal afrs. The cars all fire up, idle, and operate beautifully at light throttle cruise. I can crawl through a lot smoothly at 1500 rpm without stumbling and all three engines have aftermarket cams etc. to make this more challenging.

On e85 they work great too as long as you have the fuel system to supply them properly.

Mike,

Do not see why this old post has to be dragged to the top again. I never said they were no good, just stated that they would need to be able to work down low msec. As this post was six months ago, I am more then aware that they will work down to low msec. In fact I often recommend them.