Software issue.

ztoy

Has anyone had PClink have problems with nvidia drivers?     I keep getting access violation errors in module nvoglv32.dll.      I have tried it on 2 different laptops and have tried it under win7 and win10 and I get the issue on all of them.   

Thanks in advance.

Hi ztoy,

I dont have any nvidia powered machines to test on but it is not a complaint I have seen before so I dont think it is a wide spread issue.  I will ask @EngineeringDave to pop in and give his thoughts.  I assume your graphics drivers are up to date?  Have you noticed if there any reproducible steps that make this error happen?  Maybe only on pages that have surface graphs for instance? 

Hi ztoy,

I dont have any nvidia powered machines to test on but it is not a complaint I have seen before so I dont think it is a wide spread issue.  I will ask @EngineeringDave to pop in and give his thoughts.  I assume your graphics drivers are up to date?  Have you noticed if there any reproducible steps that make this error happen?  Maybe only on pages that have surface graphs for instance? 

Hi Adamw.   Yes it is reproducible and yes it is on surface graphs.   If I select a group of cells it will cause the issue every time.    
I have updated drivers and have also deleted and reinstalled both the drivers and PClink.

I just nuked the computer and gave it a clean boot of win 7.    After updating the OS I put PClink on and the problem persists.  :(

Oh no, someone finally broke my surface view.

Can you go:

1. Start
  2. type dxdiag
  3. hit enter (run it)
  4. when the wee green bar is finished, hit "Save all Information..."
  5. email the DxDiag.txt file to [email protected]

Could you also go here: http://glew.sourceforge.net/index.html, 

1. Click on "Windows 32-bit and 64-bit" next to Binaries.
  2. Download
  3. Extract
  4. Navigate to "glew-2.1.0\bin\Release"
  5. If you're on 64 bit windows go to the x64 folder, otherwise go to the Win32 folder.
  6. Run glewinfo.exe, it will generate a txt file in the same folder.
  7. Email that txt file to tech also.

Oh no, someone finally broke my surface view.

Can you go:

1. Start
  2. type dxdiag
  3. hit enter (run it)
  4. when the wee green bar is finished, hit "Save all Information..."
  5. email the DxDiag.txt file to [email protected]

Could you also go here: http://glew.sourceforge.net/index.html, 

1. Click on "Windows 32-bit and 64-bit" next to Binaries.
  2. Download
  3. Extract
  4. Navigate to "glew-2.1.0\bin\Release"
  5. If you're on 64 bit windows go to the x64 folder, otherwise go to the Win32 folder.
  6. Run glewinfo.exe, it will generate a txt file in the same folder.
  7. Email that txt file to tech also.

Is this Surface specific?  I actually run the PCLink software on my MacBook Pro in a virtual machine using Parallels with Windows 10 64bit, forcing my onboard NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M.  Is there something I should be looking out for?

Is this Surface specific?  I actually run the PCLink software on my MacBook Pro in a virtual machine using Parallels with Windows 10 64bit, forcing my onboard NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M.  Is there something I should be looking out for?

The issue that ztoy is having will be related to only the surface.

Are you having issues as well?

• 3 weeks later...