Controlling a shiftlight ?

Guest |709|

Maybe Ray knows this, the Subaru WRX V44 PnP has 8 Auxillary outputs, of which #5-8 are all 'Idle stepper motor' designated.

Can any one of these be used for an output (a light of whatever device that's relay activated) or are all these Aux outputs needed for factory ECU emulation/controlling ?

Thanks for responding.

Just wanted to mention that you should ignore my last message as i looked through the Subaru wiring schemes and found out that indeed all 4 of them ARE used, just like you mentioned !

My WRX is a 2000 model (V6) and i used the Schemes from a P1 WRX which is the same ECU wiring.

Needless to say that the idlestepper motor is needed as it controls idle. :|

I assume only the Aux outputs (#1 -#8) can be used for controlling a shiftlight right ?

They are all used as the car also has A/C, But i am using an electronic boost controller to control the turbo boost, so Aux #2 could be used or am i missing something ?

P.s. Ray, exellent HELP feature in the VTS software, where you can use 'what is this' at any parameter and the Help feature actually makes you understand including examples ... Just wonderfull ! :D:D:D:D:D

I'm really starting to enjoy this ECU and the software.

CE light is not something i wish to give up so i will look into Aux 2 as wastegate control is done by the AVC-R seperately and therefore according to my knowledge Vi-pec isn't controlling the wastegate in my specific situation.

I will keep you guys posted about the progress and if it worked out okay !

• 1 year later...

Hello all,

i have the V88 and connected an led light (with reristor) to AUX9 and set this as an shiftlight.

The light is working correctly, but is not shutting down 100%, it keeps al little bit ON, instead of completly off ?

What can be wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dave-Kriedeman

Are you controlling the shift LED directly with the ECU aux output or are you controlling the LED via a relay.

Remember any leakage in the circuit, even as little as 500 mv,even though using a resistor can be enough to generate a dull glow.

With regards to shift lights, we have a V88 running a CBR600RR in an open wheel Formula SAE car. The rev limiter is set to 14200 RPM. The current firmware doesn't allow a GP Aux output to be configured to switch at 13500 RPM. Currently the the upper limit is 10000 RPM for GP Aux output parameters. Is there any way this can be changed?

Thanks