V5-6 WRX Base MAP Fan, Idle, and O2 sensor Issues

Scoobman20

When installing the ECU with the standard v5-6 WRX base map I found that the fan would be on when the ignition was turned on. I remedied the issue by reversing the polarity (high to low) on Ignition Aux Engine Fan 3.

I found during the cold start that the idle started off very high, and did not recover due to exceeding the idle control lockout RPM limit. This was resolved by increasing from 500 to 2000 RPM.

Lastly, my NB O2 sensor had been replaced with a WB O2 sensor. I've already setup the calibration table, however I'm concerned that I do not have control over the sensor heater. What is the best way to setup an aux for the sensor heater control with the G4+ Plugin (PCB v1.5)?

38 minutes ago, Scoobman20 said:

I found during the cold start that the idle started off very high, and did not recover due to exceeding the idle control lockout RPM limit. This was resolved by increasing from 500 to 2000 RPM.

The Idle Control Lockout is an adder to the base idle target which now means when warm your car will be e strategy at over 2700rpm, you should set this back and look at why the idle is not coming down, maybe ignition is hanging.

43 minutes ago, Scoobman20 said:

Lastly, my NB O2 sensor had been replaced with a WB O2 sensor. I've already setup the calibration table, however I'm concerned that I do not have control over the sensor heater. What is the best way to setup an aux for the sensor heater control with the G4+ Plugin (PCB v1.5)?

Set an Aux out to come on when RPM is over 600 for 30 seconds and use this to trigger the wideband relay.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 12:21 PM, ClintBHP said:

The Idle Control Lockout is an adder to the base idle target which now means when warm your car will be e strategy at over 2700rpm, you should set this back and look at why the idle is not coming down, maybe ignition is hanging.

Set an Aux out to come on when RPM is over 600 for 30 seconds and use this to trigger the wideband relay.

You're right. I interpreted that wrong. I realized my base stepper values were quite a ways off. That seemed to help. I change it back and see what that does. Thank you.

On 2/14/2019 at 3:12 PM, Stevieturbo said:

The wideband controller will take care of sensor heating and temperature.

The ecu cannot directly control a wideband sensor.

Yup. I had removed a PLX display.  I didn't realize it was also the wideband controller. Re-installed and now it works. Thank you.