Graph trace

Booston

Any way to watch a trace with a 5 sec window? 

I.e in the graph I don’t want to see the trace from it’s start and it builds the timeline. I only want to see data upto 5secs old. So data 6 secs old should off the graph to the left.

tia

Are you using a time plot?  That's exactly how mine works by default, I get about 5 seconds of data then it starts scrolling.  I think only the "navigator" view shows the whole record from the start like you describe?

Hi Adam yes in time plot but time plot is all of the data it’s just squished to the left but the longer the log the less resolution you have. I know it can all be in very fine detail when looking at logs but I wanted to see a trace live 

Here is a time plot and 3 pulls of boost showing steady boost but that is zoomed in to a log around 10-15secs of window on the graph  y axis of roughly a 3min log. I want to see that constant 15sec y axis live instead of the graph concertina the data to the left eventually reducing the resolution on the right. I know it’s splitting hairs and can be done after but I need live view.

tia 

F48BA9FB-DF8A-4860-BD3C-61CE40EDB862.jpeg

F0DAA58B-9AF2-408C-922E-AB0D456B6F21.jpeg

Im pretty sure what you are asking for is exactly how it works by default, except the displayed data length is about 5 seconds like you originally requested.  

Here is a video of a live time plot running showing a timer that resets every 4.5 seconds to hopefully show how it works:  https://youtu.be/NrbqneS2ftA

Have you actually tried it live?  I dont think there is any setting related unless the global zoom/focus has an effect - I have never noticed.  That video I attach was just done with the default PC Link settings & layout file.  Can you attach your layout file, Ill give it a try.