Nissan SR20DET IAC Valve issue

RPS13180SX

Hi all, noticed that my car has been running very rough on startup for a little bit, my auto sparky said that the iac valve has quit after 16 years, tried cleaning it and putting it back on. He mentioned that they can tune the vehicle without the iac valve, is this recommended?

Any help is appreciated, I am waiting for s13 iac valves to come back into stock at efi solutions australia, but they wont have them in time before my tune is booked

On 4/28/2020 at 1:44 PM, RPS13180SX said:

Hi all, noticed that my car has been running very rough on startup for a little bit, my auto sparky said that the iac valve has quit after 16 years, tried cleaning it and putting it back on. He mentioned that they can tune the vehicle without the iac valve, is this recommended?

Any help is appreciated, I am waiting for s13 iac valves to come back into stock at efi solutions australia, but they wont have them in time before my tune is booked

Yes, you can run the car without the IAC, when is cold it ussually have lower rpm that when at temperature, but I have run my SR20DET with a Storm with and without the IAC working. Is a good thing that the Link software let you do a lot of things to get the correct idle, I have other customers with SR20DET and others Ecu brands without IAC and they work OK aswell. Is better to have it but, you can get around it.