Nissan Skyline R33 GTST Wiring IAT Boost Wideband

Marc_R33

Hi,

I am a newbie and appreciate your help. If this is to be found with using search I apologize, I somehow sidnt find all the answers.

I have a R33 GTST S1 Nissan Skyline and a Link G4+ ECU. 

1)  A friend recommended using a "Race" Pierburg solenoid for wastegate control. Can I connect this to the OEM wiring, meaning I keep ECU Pins 25 / 26 for that ? Is an aftermarket solenoid needed at all, with stock turbo I stay in the range of 0.85 bar max, why do I need a new solenoid for that ? The stock one manages this with a boost controller fairly well .

2) Regarding Wideband sensor. I have a bosch sensor, which plugs to a module outputting an analog signal 0-5 V. It is three cables, ground, wideband, narrowband. With the expansion loop, can I just add this to ground / AN Volt 8 ? 

3 ) for IAT, I just add that to the expansion loop as wenn for ground / Temp 1 ?

Thank you,

Marc

15 hours ago, Marc_R33 said:

1)  A friend recommended using a "Race" Pierburg solenoid for wastegate control. Can I connect this to the OEM wiring, meaning I keep ECU Pins 25 / 26 for that ? Is an aftermarket solenoid needed at all, with stock turbo I stay in the range of 0.85 bar max, why do I need a new solenoid for that ? The stock one manages this with a boost controller fairly well .

I have no experience with the stock nissan wastegate valves to know how well or if they will work.  Many of the OEM Subaru and Mitsi ones dont seem to give good control.  But yes you can use the stock wires for the aftermarket valve.

2) Regarding Wideband sensor. I have a bosch sensor, which plugs to a module outputting an analog signal 0-5 V. It is three cables, ground, wideband, narrowband. With the expansion loop, can I just add this to ground / AN Volt 8 ? 

Yes, provided that ground wire is labelled something like "signal ground" or "analog ground" then definitely connect it to sensor ground.  If it just says "ground" and there is no separate power ground wire then it would be best to connect to the engine block.  Yes the wideband wire can go to ANV 8. 

3 ) for IAT, I just add that to the expansion loop as wenn for ground / Temp 1 ?

There is only Temp 3 or 4 on the expansion loom isnt there?

Ok. The IAT is connected and shown on Temp 3. MAP sensor check. TPS calibrated check. I defined AN Volt 8 as 0-5 V and named it Wideband Sensor.

I dont get how the system recognizes this 0-5 V signal as Wideband signal. It must be linked somehow ?

I purchased the online learning from HPA, but I am so impatient, maybe someone has a tip how the wideband signal is integrated in the system and recognized.

thanks. 

Hi, thanks, that worked well. Adjusted everything and Lambda shows accurate values.

Now I have a problem with Trigger setup. I did the setup, corrected the timing offset, the timing is ok. Stored in ECU, all is well.

But now. I left ignition delay at 80 ms as pre-configured on the base map. I scoped and I have ignition advance with increasing RPM. I set it to 0. It says in the help window see how the ignition retards with increasing RPM. It does not. It advances the same amount. I see no difference between 0 and 100 ms. 

I do press enter to confirm the change just like on the timing offset. The timing goes toward 25 deg. BTDC, then i reduce RPM again.

Any ideas ?

So are you saying with the timing locked to zero you get 25deg advance with RPM?  I dont think that would be possible for the ecu to cause that much error with the Nissan 360 trigger as there are only 2 deg between teeth.  What does it have for coils & ign system?

How is the timing light connected - are you using an HT lead between coil and spark plug?  

The timing is locked to 10, I adjusted the offset, everything is fine.

The timing delay I can set to 0 ms, confirm with enter, and still gives me 25 degrees advance with increasing RPM. I tried two scope tools. But I do use the loop at the end of the valve cover since I thought it may not be as accurate as taking it between the coil and sparkplug, but still with the loop it should not show an advance in timing. No ? 

It is stock coils, stock ignition on Rb25DET S1.

I would say your most likely problem is the timing light connected to the loop.  Many timing lights will trigger off the dwell edge (ie when coils "turn on") rather than the spark edge when connected to the primary. You need to connect an old spark plug lead between the coil and spark plug and connect your timing light there.