Generic parameter maps

bradsm87

I'd love to see "generic parameter maps" where I could use existing parameters as axes then put my own data in the table cells then have the output from this map (just a number from 0 to whatever) available as a parameter to use elsewhere (eg. an axis on another table).

I can do a dodgy version of this now using a GP PWM output but that option needs a spare physical output and it seems a bit pointless having a PWM out using a pin when all it needs to be is a number held in RAM.

It can be done in the G4X presently with GP PWM's (still need to assign an ouput pin at present tho) and will likely get some sort of "PWM virtual aux" functionality added soon.  Unfortunately unlikely in G4+ due to constraints in the firmware.

55 minutes ago, Adamw said:

It can be done in the G4X presently with GP PWM's (still need to assign an ouput pin at present tho) and will likely get some sort of "PWM virtual aux" functionality added soon.  Unfortunately unlikely in G4+ due to constraints in the firmware.

Thanks. If you could add PWM virtual aux or similar to the G4X to-do list, that would be great. Some stuff would be handy to have more control than just 2 axes and another 3d table would do the job very nicely!

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2020 at 12:33 PM, Adamw said:

Can this be done now with the new firmware by doing a GP PWM out and assigning it to one of the "CAN Aux" channels and simply not using any actual CAN aux devices?

3 hours ago, bradsm87 said:

Can this be done now with the new firmware by doing a GP PWM out and assigning it to one of the "CAN Aux" channels and simply not using any actual CAN aux devices?

Yes - although I don't think this feature is quite finished yet - I don't get any tables.

For now you can use a spare unused aux pin, but yeah, going forward looking forward to using CAN Aux.

That actually looks like my bad, CAN Aux aren't quite ready yet and I made sure their settings didn't exist in the release but I have managed to leave them as options that can be selected, please ignore them for now.

If you try and use them now you'll probably need to turn them off and back on again once the actual functionality is released