G4 Xtreme CAN bus update

Chop

Hi I have a G4 Xtreme which I am about to fit to a Jaguar V12 engine. I have read that this model can be upgraded to run a CAN bus. I have attached a photo of the links info. Is this possible and how much would it cost? Also is there any base maps available for a V12 engine? Thanks in advance.

Link info (Medium).jpg

Yes with a small mod it will be capable of CAN transmit for a dash or similar.  The G4 has no CAN receive.  The modification is free of charge except for shipping back to you (you need to send to NZ for the mod).  

The Jag V12 is a fairly simple engine with distributor etc so I dont think you would need a specific base map, use the Xtreme example map and change the injection mode to multipoint group, ignition mode to distributor or twin distributor (from memory some had a single coil, some had 2 coils?) and set trigger mode to 1 tooth/TDC and it wont be far off running. 

Thanks for the reply. How do I go about getting the CAN update? I live in NZ so not a problem to ship.

I was thinking of fitting a 36-1 missing tooth trigger wheel on the crankshaft and running the injection and spark with that. Would that trigger wheel work and and would I need a cam wheel as well? I have a FAST optical plate in the distributor for ignition at the moment which I could use for the ignition but if I could get rid of the distributor it would free up some space in the engine Vee which I could use for the wasted spark coils. Also would like to fit a couple of wideband o2 sensors on the exhausts plus the usual MAP, inlet air temp etc sensors.

My ignition/injection system has a lot of problems with it at the moment and I would rather spend the money on getting the Link system going.

email [email protected] and they will give you an RMA form or similar to arrange the mod.  

Yes, 36-1 or similar missing tooth crank wheel will be a good option and give you all you need for wasted spark and multigroup injection.  No need or advantage for a cam sensor in this case.  Going crank trigger, getting rid of the distributor and having 3D mapable ignition will transform an old engine like this.

Thanks for that. Just have a question on the initial configuration. I will be running 12 cylinder group fire two cylinders at a time and wasted spark. Do I set the initial configuration to 6 cylinder two stroke engine or 12 cylinder and have the firing order repeat itself over the 720 degrees of engine rotation? I have searched the forum and could not find an answer. Thanks