Momentary switch for anti theft?

Nath_351

I'm currently wiring my Storm g4+ and I'm planning on using one of the digital inputs for an anti theft switch. From what I've read, the input needs be triggered to turn on the anti theft. I'd like to use a momentary switch to turn off the anti theft each time the car is started, so I don't have to remember to turn the switch back on each time.

If I wire a NC momentary switch up to this input, will the ECU turn the anti theft off with a single button press until the next time the ignition is turned on? Or will it turn the anti theft back on as soon as the button is released?

I have thought about using a "flip-flop" style circuit to latch the momentary switch output, but i was hoping I don't have to use one.

Thanks

The anti-theft function doesnt have a "latch" function to enable a momentary switch to work, but you could achieve what you want by setting the DI up as a GP input and using this on a GP limit table (or 3D RPM or 3D Map limit table).  With the settings below, the ECU will always boot up with the kill DI "on".  The kill DI wont turn off until you hit the button and will stay off until either the button is hit again or the ign is switched off.  You can then put that DI status on a GP limit so that the REV limit is 0 when the switch is on (eng wont run).

ycbixRx.png