First Startup. No start. VK56

JKauh

Hello,

I have a VK56 I'm trying to get fired up for the first time. I have a 12 tooth Ross Performance crank trigger setup. I have ground the cam pick up teeth down so there is only one. While cranking I am getting RPM speed, both triggers reading "yes", and no trigger error counts. Ignition and injection both test good when using the test functions. Fuel pressure reading is good at regulator. I set my ignition timing to 15 degrees while cranking. I thought maybe the trigger offset was off 360 degrees, but I didn't notice a change when I switched it. While cranking, I am getting an occasional single "pop" and i can smell fuel from the exhaust.

Thanks!

VK56.pclr VK cranking.llg

Nothing obvious leaps out at me in your log or tune.  If you get a back fire though it usually suggests a spark has occurred at the wrong time.  360deg out is the first thing I would have jumped on - so did you already try an offset of -213?

If you do an ignition test do they all spark in correct order  - ie test ign 1, cyl 1 sparks, test ign 2, cyl 2 sparks etc?

Do the VK coils have ignitors built in?

What size injectors?

Sorry for the newbie question, but how do you get -213 as 360 off of 147? Tired -213 and no noticable change.

Ignition tests spark on correct cylinders.

The VK has the ignitors built into the coils.

From what I can find online the injectors look to be 286cc.

1 hour ago, JKauh said:

From what I can find online the injectors look to be 286cc.

Ok, that is tiny considering one cylinder is 700cc.  I think your master fuel number will need to be much bigger in that case. try it around 30, see if that gives any more signs of life.

Holy crap you just made my day.

Set trigger offset to -213 and master fuel to 30. Fired right up no problem. Don't know how well it runs or if it'll stay running since I don't want to wake the kiddo.

Thanks for the help!