Overboost suggestions

Bethanyc

Hi Link team, 

finally got a proper speed full forest test in and looking for suggestions on boost settings on closed loop, looks like still overrunning by 10-15 Kpa,

Turbo has a very aggressive spool and will hit peak boost at 3500rpm.

Its not knocking when overboosting from what i can tell but would still like to get at the 250kpa more constantly.     

Thanks.

Thanks Adam have turned all on for the rally in 2 weeks to get some more data. Its very frustrating as i cant replicate on tarmac or on the Dyno it hits target every time. (and no dirt roads in sydney any more)

I have increased the derivative slightly to 0.5 so see it it makes a little difference.  

Beth.   

Stage 2 is P&D control, stage 3 is P&I.  Stage 2 intent is to control the final approach to target, if you are overshooting target it is usually stage 2 settings. 

Stage 3 intent is to keep the boost on target once the target has been reached. 

In laymans terms, Proportional is how much the ecu adjusts the DC based on how much error there is.  Too little P = slow to reach target(or never reach target), too much P = overshoot or oscillation.

Derivative effect I find easiest to imagine as how quickly the ecu pulls back the DC when the boost is getting close to target (kind of like like putting on the brakes as you get close to target).  Too little D = overshoot, too much D = boost approach rounded off.