g4 v1.o skyline ecu tuneing softwear

Trent hetherington

Hi Trent.

When you have downloaded PCLink, open the map called 'Nissan Plugin G4 RB20DET 440cc.pcl'.  This is the start up map that goes out with the plug in.  This should get you a lot of the way to starting up.  This car used 440cc injectors however... So not a standard GTS so to speak.  After a good play on the master fuel number while looking at info from a wide band, you should get a start out of it.

DO NOT THRASH, CANE, TEMPT OR DRIVE ANY KIND OF DISTANCE ON THAT MAP!

It is a start up map only, designed to be able to drive the car on to a trailor or dyno.  It is in NO WAY a tuned map.  If you drive on it, it is at your own risk! 

You can get the latest PCLink here... http://www.linkecu.com/support/downloads/pclink-download/pclink-g4-v4.8.1.1033

Jurgen

hey mate. im not havein any probloms with the car running as its already tuned for a std 25 with a few bolt ons ive just gone to a 25/30 but ive never had a cable to plug into my laptop. i cant get it to connect to my laptop and im not sure wether i need the program that matches the ecu ive downloaded a couple of different versions but still my laptop wont connect.

Trent

Oh sorry.  In this case, the latest PCLink should have worked for you unless you have a FW version older than 4.4.3.  The latest is 4.8.1 downloaded here: http://www.linkecu.com/support/downloads/pclink-download/pclink-g4-v4.8.1.1033

Make sure the fundamentals are there first by confirming these things.  Can you see the Link ECU in the Windows device manager when plugged in to it?  It should appear under 'Ports'.  If this is not appearing, you most likely have not got the USB driver installed, or it is having a problem with the port it has been assigned.  You get the option to say 'yes' or 'no' during install to have the driver installed or not... Did you say 'yes' to this?

If you are running a version 4.4.3 or prior, you will need to download this PCLink to connect to it as it is (ie. If for some reason you did not want to install new firmware)  http://www.linkecu.com/support/downloads/pclink-download/PCLink%20V4.4.3%20Setup.exe.

If the fundamentals are OK, then just make the moves as though you were going to do a FW (firmware) update.  It will open a box and tell you the current version, and what it is wanting to update that version to.  You still have the option there to opt out of the update, but at least you will know what version FW you are on.

NOTE: Always make sure PCLink is communicating over a port number LOWER than Port 10.

Jurgen

• 2 weeks later...

hey mate. still haveing problums getting it to connect when i plug it in it always ether comes up with error 43 or that its a unknown device and its malfunctioned. another person has seid that it could be that im running windows 7 but ive tryed it on xp and it dose the same thing and i have tryed the 2 different versions and the drivers that come with them.

thanks trent.

Hi Trent.

We'll get no where if you don't confirm the questions needed...

Just to refresh:

Make sure the fundamentals are there first by confirming these things.  Can you see the Link ECU in the Windows device manager when plugged in to it?  It should appear under 'Ports'.  If this is not appearing, you most likely have not got the USB driver installed, or it is having a problem with the port it has been assigned.  You get the option to say 'yes' or 'no' during install to have the driver installed or not... Did you say 'yes' to this?

Win XP or Win 7 has nothing to do with it.

Jurgen

hey

When i plug the usb into my laptop all i get is that its a unknown device and its malfunctioned. it dosent come up with anything about what the device is. when i install the program i deffenently say yes to installing the drivers, i evan deleted the program off and did it over again to make sure i installed them. ive tryed pluging it into all the ports on the computer but i dunno if that would evan make a differents but i thort i would try it anyway. all that in getting out of it is error 43 unknown device and its malfunctioned. could there be a problum with my cable or my ecu?

If you think it might be easyer to call me my number is 0400388103.

Thanks heaps for your help.

Hi Trent.

The possibility exists that it could be the ECU, however 95% of the time it is not.  I would definately try another cable, as if it has been damaged it can cause these things to happen.  Trying different USB ports was a smart move, not a silly thing you tried at all.

I thought you had, but can't find it in the post... Tried another PC?  Give that a go too if you haven't, and also make sure you have not got anything else plugged in to the serial/CAN port... NOT EVEN AN EXTENSION CABLE.  This can often stop communications.

Failing that I am running out of ideas.  I have no problem with you sending it in for testing, but I do not know where you are from.  If on the other side of the world, then I want to make sure we have covered everything before you spend on freight.

Jurgen

hey mate

im not sure what the go is with it i went to see the fela that installed and tuned the ecu as it was in the car when i got it and he seid he has had a problum with it from new hes not sure why but always has a issuse getting it to connect but he seid after playing with it for a while he can get it to work. last time he tuned it he had just about finished it and it lost communication and he couldnt get it to come back on. i think ill just get him to do it all, its just a bit shit that ive got that cable so i could keep a check on everything but you get that i suppose.

thanks heaps for all your help mate

Trent