FP speed pwm output frequency?

Mark Bryce

...i donno what just happened. Anyways, im curious if my g1 will would with windows 7. Im currently running it and the linkpc program on laptop with xp. I want to get a better laptop, the one im looking at has windows 7. from what ive read is that the ecu i have would only work with widows 98 or ME. But....i have it on XP already.

Will it work on Windows 7.

• 10 months later...

Bruce.

I don't think he's been successful at this stage yet.  Should be as simple as loading up the software, installing drivers, having a USB to Serial adapter that works (if you are not using a native serial port)... And hey presto!  For some strange reason, Win7 and some laptops/adapters are just very unlucky... But that is rare.

Can you define "I can't install the drivers"...

Jurgen

• 3 weeks later...

I am also having the same problem in which I cannot seem to get my laptop to communicate with my link ecu. I was able to successfully install the drivers but when i plug the ecu into my laptop via usb comlink the laptop does not seem to recognize the device and asks to install drivers when in fact i already had installed the drivers. will converting to windows xp solve all communicating problems?

I think the catch here is that you are using a old ComLink the comlink drivers won't be geared for windows 7. You might need to look for updated drivers or use the serial connection and a USB adapter.