acceleration enrichment issue

Lawrence martin

hi ive got a link g4 xtreme and have fitted it to my r33 gtr it all runs well but im having an issue with what i think is the acceleration enrichment, when i go light throttle its ok but when i use full throttle or a quick dab of the throttle it seems the enrichment is turning off too early and it leans out, basically the more throttle the worse it is, its not the fueling map as i put in some really high numbers to check and its fine once its got past that bit hopefully i have a screenshot of my setup attached if i increase the hold it doesnt make any difference as well as decreasing the decay, if i increase the main table numbers in the engine speed again just makes it richer but still get the lean spot, if i take a log of it you can see the enrichment at 68% then to nothing with the throttle at 99% any ideas of where to go with it all?

post-3683-143621562211_thumb.jpg

hi i also have a log to look at it happening around 10 secs in if you look at the parameters of rev,mgp, tp, accel enrichment and wideband it shows the acceleration enrich is not active when going from 60% throttle to 100% the reason my wideband only shows a max of 16 is that ive lost the cable for the lm 1 (as i set it up for the power fc i had before and need to reset it)

Hi Lawrence.

I would suggest getting the tune sorted first and then work on acceleration fuelling.

As you have a GTR I am assuming that you have retained the 6 butterflies.

This requires a different fuelling configuration to most.

I would suggest spanning the main fuel table over TPS and then running a overlay table based on MGP.

This will give much better results than trying to tune just on MGP. This is because a very small change in throttle results in a massive change in MAP on multi butterflies.

hi simon thanks for that just to get this right this is the way i see how it works please correct me if im wrong use the throttle postion for the main fuel table then use the mgp as an overlay where the figure refer to a percentage of the main fuel table, so a figure of 2 is adding 2% ontop of whatever the fuel table reads? can you just explain why i need to do this, i am very much a novice at mapping and only have used the power fc before hand why do i need to have more fuel than the throttle position alone? and also how will i know where i need to add these additional percentages? sorry!

hi having a few different issues now! the knock control im not sure is working correctly with timing set at 10 degrees at full throttle at actuator power i see readings in excess of 100 on the knock scale and it retards the ignition, i connect det cans as well but i cant hear any knock (i connected to the bracket for the engine hoist on the cylinder head at the front) only mainly happens in 2nd gear i tried different frequencies which made no difference or worse but im not sure what is a good number for the knock to go to as max is over a 1000 - which im sure is engine rebuild territory! also with the 4d overlay you cant adjust the cells higher as it only allows a max of 11 rows and your map starts at 50 but i cant set that as the lower limit it only allows -100 or -80 and then up in increments so the max pressure is 100 mgp which wont be enough for the boost i will run so i could run map but then i would have no altitude correction is there any way round this?

To get the overlay table to cover a wider range you will need to adjust to bigger steps between rows.

As the the trims are not large you don't need the fine steps between rows.

The Knock settings will need adjusting to find a good base level.

I would really suggest getting the tune done professionally if at all possible as the results if a mistake is made will not be pretty.