Ling G4 plugin v3 wrx - first start e85, id1000 injectors

Dave1436215447

hey guys,

i am about to plugin the G4 i bought into my wrx.  Quick question on setting up the injectors and running e85 and what values to put into the master fuel and master fuel trim? Be easier having an educated guess entered that just guessing what values should be changed and why?

Standard injectors for this wrx were 380cc, now have ID1000's.  plus i also run United 24 e85 which required about 32% extra fuel, which was as i had in my microtech to get things back to where they should be. ID1000's also come with the dead time for voltage table which has already been put in.

Thanx,
dave.

Hi Dave,

Can you let me know which WRX plug-in / basemap it is that you are using? The method for working a starting master fuel number for you would be this:

Assuming a starting point with a master fuel of 13ms, with a trim of 0%.

1000/380 = 2.63                    (1000cc / 380 cc = ratio of injector difference)

13ms/2.6315789 = 4.94ms        (old master fuel / injector ratio = new master fuel number)

4.94*1.32 = 6.5208ms           (master fuel * ethanol increase = new master fuel including ethanol)

Calculated new master fuel = 6.52 ms

Because you can only enter whole number into master fuel you would be best to enter 7ms, as your AFR will be richer (safer). You could then also enter a master fuel trim to try and balance for the extra fuel in the master fuel number.

7/0.52 = 13.46                        (new master fuel number / 0.52 = % to put in master fuel trim)

As you want to take away from the master fuel number, the value you should enter for the master fuel trim is -13% (again, only whole numbers).

This will get you set up, but the fuel table needs to be re-tuned properly. Remember to replace the 13ms in the calculation with your master fuel number if it different, and then re-do the math to figure out your new numbers.

Regards,

Scott

cool thanx scott.

i just loaded up the v3-4 wrx map that came with the latest software.
are there different version or just this one?

master = 15ms
trim = 0%

so 15ms x 2.6315789=5.7m2

5.7ms*1.32=7.524ms

then use the same trim value you calcd as same amount.

so the master is bulk fuel changes across tables.
while the trim is fine changes across tables?
might be worth putting some info in the software note as you just did above as very helpfull.  :)

Hi Dave,

Yep, looks like you've got it worked out. You wrote: 

'so 15ms x 2.6315789=5.7m2'

But I think it was a typo and you meant '/' not 'x'

The master fuel and trim work as you described. We have avoided putting this info in PCLink Help as we do not want people to rely only on a calculation when they adjust their setup, it is best practice to have the setup AFRs checked and adjusted.

I missed that your Subaru was a version 3 earlier. I hope your new setup goes well!

Scott

thanx scott, really looking forward to leaning a new ecu. from what i can tell so far, i am pretty impressed.
 the Auto tune function looks like it's going to make it a lot easier, same with Auto trim.
shame there is nothing yet for Auto MBT.

fella on rexnet was talking about maybe autronic or another hooking into the dyno and calcing MBT that way ;)
prolly easier on e85 as you can go way past MBT without even getting a knock count!
i recon it would be possible with a computer software dyno simulator to do similar.
make it easier for me to road tune.  :D

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bump a somewhat old thread - but where does one find the master fuel table? I've spent all morning searching the help sections and these forums, but I dont see anything 'master' on the editable list. I see it in the help file and I understand the concept behind it, just cannot seem tofind it.

Started with the 'G4 Plug in Top Board Pro V10 map' ( V10 STi 04 Specifically)

Thanks for help