Rb26 trigger wireing

Rbmadhead

Hall effect or reluctor are good to use. Avoid the gt101 for the crank trigger as these don't work well at higher frequencies. Wiring will depend on sensor choice. There are some very good crank trigger kits available such as the Ross dampers one.

Hi Rbmadhead,

FIRSTLY NOT A DOUBLE POST, AS I WAS TYPING MY REPLY SIMON ANSWERED YOU ALSO.

So you are referring to resigning the factory CAS and using standalone crank trigger and cam sensor.

The choice of triggers is up to you.

Mag reluctor type sensors are easier to wire (2 wires) one wire the positive goes to Trigger 1 ECU PIN A8 if it is the crank trigger and the other to sensor ground / shielded ECU PIN A 7

The same for the CAM sensor.

Positive goes to ECU PIN A9 and negative to ECU PIN A7.

If you choose HALL EFFECT SENSORS such as GT101's then the positive to the sensor should come from ECU PIN A6 8volt output.

This wire will be BLK/RED = 8 VOLT PIN A6

BLK/WH = TRIGGER SIGNAL = ECU PIN A8 if crank , ECU PIN A9 if CAM.

BLK = SENSOR GROUND = ECU PIN A7

I personally prefer MAGNETIC RELUCTOR TYPE SENSORS.

So that is just the sensor side.

Then you have trigger wheels and cam trigger lug to worry about.

Has your CAS died or are you simply wanting more accurate trigger inputs.

You also have the option of removing the 360 x1 and 6 x 60 trigger disc and fitting a 6 x 60 and single sync chopper disc for the factory CAS for high rpm use.

Google RB 26 CRANK TRIGGER KITS, I am sure there are a few around and one is made by a Harmonic balancer company Ross or the likes.

Regards

Dave.

Simon,

you answered while I was typing, ha ha, what are you doing up early.

The lil man didn't sleep again I take it.

Regards

Dave :)

Edited by Dave Kriedeman

Thanks for replies much appreciated reason for change as took car for mapping and want to get more revs from it so was advised to go for a trigger kit so after looking on Internet looked quite an easy thing to make up the brackets for the sensors but the wireing is were I was unsure.i can buy a 36-1 wheel and sensors I was thinking is a cosworth crank sensor for the cas and a 2.5 duratek Mondeo for crank unless there is better on the market to use cheers

• 2 weeks later...