Wiring twin fans

JohnRambo

We drove from Auckland to Taupo and back this weekend.  The fans were on the whole time we had A/C on as configured.

Would it be advisable to have the fans turn off at a given speed?  (I think that is how some cars do it).  So that once the car is moving at pace the fans aren't required.  I'm thinking we could convert out Aircon Fan to a GP Output with ECT >, Speed DI.  I couldn't find anything for a hyseresis.  That would be for both fans, or I let it run the designated aircon fan full time with the a/c and toggle the other fan off with the gp output.

Having the fans come on when the a/c is turned on though, wow does that make a difference compared to the stock ecu.

Yeah, the quicker you get the heat out of the A/C condensor the better the system will perform.

You could use a GP output and put a vehicle speed condition in the control options. As you found, there is no hysteresis when using a GP output. There is however the 'SwOff Timer', so you could use this to stop the fan switching on and off all the time around the switch on temp.

I looked at all the provided basemaps for fwd type cars with twin fans and saw a lot of them just had one ac and one eng fan setup.  So I configured one as engine fan 94/2 and the ac fan as 96/2.  We'll see how that goes.