ls2 coil dwell table

turbodailydan

hi chaps

have just installed a set of ls2 coils to my rb26, have been advised to set the dwell to 3.4ms maximum. I also have a 12 tooth crank trigger which has been causing me starting issues on the oem coils.

I  have read on the help file that increasing the dwell on the lower rpm/voltage part of the table up to even 3 times the normal dwell can improve this? problem is I don't know what is an acceptable amount for these ls2 coils as I have seen that these coils cause premature firing if the dwell is exceeded over a certain amount. (hence the recommended dwell is around 3.4ms which has been proven to be more than enough for over 40psi and 1000bhp)

would someone be able to setup my dwell table to suit to get me in the right area to play with?

Ignition Dwell Control (ms).lte

Edited by turbodailydan

A 12 tooth trigger should not cause any issues.  It is only the old "tooth per TDC" mode (i.e 3 teeth on a 6cyl) that you needed lots of cranking dwell.  I would still increase dwell a little at cranking speeds/volts to give a healthier spark at low volts.  Attached is a suggestion you can try. 

LS2 suggested(ms).lte

tried to import your table and noticed most of it is missing,  it only goes 0-500rpm ?

Yes that was intentional.  It is because the only time you may need different dwell is during cranking.  Any time the engine is over 500 RPM it will just use the 500RPM column.  No point having a table full of all the same numbers...

• 1 year later...