E46 DBW

Filin_Dma

Hello guys,

I have just tried to set up BMW with S54 engine. All works instead of DBW. DBW does not open plate to 100%. It seems open about 50%. Parameters after calibration show 100% for APS and 100% TPS. If I manualy open TB, write Open voltage and Close voltage for TP it works but there is error for TP Target. 

Thanks)

Hi, the S54 e-throttle is known to have a few issues when it comes to setup. Possibly the ECUs e-throttle drivers are struggling to fully open the throttle. How many springs are you using on it? It is common to reduce the amount of spring to three. 

Scott

Thank you for helping. Removing springs and some handmade  tricks with calibration helped ьу. Even with removed spring it didnt work. I noticed that after calibration TP, TP(sub) is different from TP(Main). I have changed TP(sub) voltage Open or Close to rich TP(Main). Now I have the next headache with E-throttle Open and Close Loop. I removed ISC valve in hoping to get idle only with DBW. When I switch DBW open or close loop my RPM become unstable and rise to RPM limit. 1000 RPM engine holds with only 0.5-1% TP and I think it needs too smooth regulation. Is it possible to get good idle without ISC only with DBW? Let me know please.

Dima

Hi Dima,

We have not done an S54 install ourselves, but quite a few of our ECUs have been installed onto these engines. We have controlled many other engines idle using e-throttle alone.

Here are the settings for DBW on an S54 as  shared to us by one of the Link dealers.

S54_DBW.thumb.png.29c23a9dff0bf63d2891b9

Scott