Fiat Uno Turbo success....almost

Hamish Janes

Ive got the engine started and running well.....for about 5 second then it stops. It happens every time and runs for the same amount of time every time. The injection pulse seems to be the culprit as when I have my LED light connected to the injector trigger terminal, I get a good flash while the engine is running but then the light pulse changes (doesn't disappear) and the engine stalls. I don't have a scope good enough at home to get a good idea. Are there any config setting that I may have missed that could cause this or any other ideas? My injectors are keeping voltage while it stalls and my coils keep voltage and a good trigger voltage when it stalls  

Im running;

36-1 crank wheel, vr sensor

1 tooth cam trigger, vr sensor

sequential injection

coil on plug ignition

Ignore the first pcl. file. I realised I didn't have the crank trigger on multi/missing tooth but on multi tooth. Changed it and no difference. I calculate my trigger offset to be -95 as the missing tooth passes the sensor at 95 btdc But runs well on the current setting until it dies. I have no fault codes and both triggers are arming  

thanks

Hamish

Uno Turbo.pclr

Uno Turbo2.pclr

Edited by Hamish Janes

• I have the car running well at idle and its booked in for a tune on Friday. Ive taken it for a couple of road tests (ground up rebuild of car) and it isn't very responsive and the major problem is that at about 3500rpm it seems to hit some sort of limiter. Could someone please take a look at my logs and PCL. and advise if its something to do with my base settings or if its just because it needs to be tuned. I don't want to get it to the tuner on Friday and find that I have some mechanical fault if I can help it. Base timing is set to 10 btdc and 30psi fuel pressure at idle, rising rate regulator. You guys are awesome!

thanks

Hamish

Uno Turbo2.pclr

Log 2016-11-12 8;18;55 pm.llg

Log 2016-11-12 8;19;35 pm.llg

Set fuelpressure with the vacuumline OFF or it will not be right.

Do the car have a TPS? None configured.

I se no lambda sensor configured so i cant see what AFR you have. My guess is that its running lean (or rich for that matter) and cant rev any higher because of that. But thats just speculations as i cant see any AFR value.

Also i see that the acceleration enrichment is triggered all the time. Heck it might even be running on it for all i know.

Edited by Steve

Fuel pressure set correctly. There is no tps, the factory one is just and off/on switch. There is no lambda sensor at this stage as the tuner will be using his gear. I was just hoping someone could check my base settings to make sure they are in the ball park. I'll check the acceleration enrichment. Thanks. 

For your accel enrichment, try the deadband at 3kpa.

What size injectors does this thing have? You have 27% DC at 2000RPM and 100KPa, so if your fuel mixture is anywhere near correct then that indicates you are going to run out of injector very quickly.  On the otherhand if your injector size is realistic then you must be running rich as hell which could explain your misfire.  Your ignition table is also very conservative under at light loads so that's going to make it feel pretty dead.  I would be adding about 10 deg to many of those sites under 100KPa.

Thanks Adam. The injectors are 280cc which is 30% larger than the factory ones. Im only expecting a bit more power than factory so they should be about right. Ill adjust the deadband and see how I go. From what you and Steve are saying, its just my base settings are incorrect, so my tuner will be able to get it running right. Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...