GTTLink Oil Temp / PC Link Software Tablet usability

Mot

Hi Link!

First of all - great ECU, my R34 GTT is working better than ever. :-)

One of the things that I would like to do is use the OEM Oil temperature sensor and feed it into the Link.

As the OEM ECU doesn't have an input for that, the GTTLink can't do it with the factory wiring.

However the pinout for the triple pod gauge on the dash of the R34 GTT is very easy to read, so I found out that the oil temperature sensor signal is on pin 17.

Does anybody know what kind of signal the sensor produces or do I have to get my multimeter out? :-)

Another thing that is a bit annoying is in the PCLink software, that I use on my in car Windows 10 tablet, the windows task bar is not visible in either full screen mode.

I do love full screen mode, but I need the taskbar to easily change the screen brightness when driving at night.

Apparently there is also no easy solution to have windows permanently show the bask bar on top (try googling it, you will find only people who want taskbar on top disabled...).

A cool feature would also be "software switches", that could be added to a view panel, so you can for example easily switch between a low boost and a high boost setting.

I know this is possible with a hardware switch connected to the Link ECU, but didn't see an easy way to do it in software without multiple clicks (for example loading another map).

Thanks and regards,

Thomas

However the pinout for the triple pod gauge on the dash of the R34 GTT is very easy to read, so I found out that the oil temperature sensor signal is on pin 17.

Does anybody know what kind of signal the sensor produces or do I have to get my multimeter out? :-)

I think you will have to work that out yourself.  If it is a resistance type sensor you will need to test it at multiple pressures, if it is a voltage type then just zero and some higher pressure will be all you need to test.

Another thing that is a bit annoying is in the PCLink software, that I use on my in car Windows 10 tablet, the windows task bar is not visible in either full screen mode.

I do love full screen mode, but I need the taskbar to easily change the screen brightness when driving at night.

Apparently there is also no easy solution to have windows permanently show the bask bar on top (try googling it, you will find only people who want taskbar on top disabled...).

We dont have a solution for this.  It would need another "display mode" created to achieve some type of pseudo partial full screen mode.  I believe the native windows fullscreen switch hides the taskbar and we dont have any control over that.

A cool feature would also be "software switches", that could be added to a view panel, so you can for example easily switch between a low boost and a high boost setting.

I know this is possible with a hardware switch connected to the Link ECU, but didn't see an easy way to do it in software without multiple clicks (for example loading another map).

This one is on the wish list already, "virtual" or "software" DI's.  We have had some tuners for instance that want something like an "engine kill" button on their screen. No promises how far away it is though.

I think you will have to work that out yourself.  If it is a resistance type sensor you will need to test it at multiple pressures, if it is a voltage type then just zero and some higher pressure will be all you need to test.

Well, the service manual for the R34 says its resistance type. Is that something the Link can work with?

We dont have a solution for this.  It would need another "display mode" created to achieve some type of pseudo partial full screen mode.  I believe the native windows fullscreen switch hides the taskbar and we dont have any control over that.

Or just an option to hide the menu bar. Which would essentially do the same ;-)

I'll keep looking into that through 3rd party software... if I find a solution, I'll share it.

This one is on the wish list already, "virtual" or "software" DI's.  We have had some tuners for instance that want something like an "engine kill" button on their screen. No promises how far away it is though.

Good to know other people want that as well, that increases the chances for getting it ;D

Edit: Thanks for the fast reply, didn't expect that :-)

R34 oiltemp.jpg

Edited by Mot

Judging from the resistances they quote in the picture you have shared I suspect the gauge might use a 12V pull up resistor which will be a problem - Link analog inputs will only take a 0-5V signal.  To confirm this, can you disconnect the sensor and measure the voltage across its two wires, tell us if its 5v or 12V.  If its 5V we should be able to use it, if its 12V you will need to fit a second sensor somewhere.