mapper

Hi

I'm trying to figure out how i can activate a output just for one event.  I think it should be possible with a few virtual aux and timers and it can be usefull for many other applications than mine. 

I want activate launch control by a push button and it must deactivate when the clutch is released or gear is shifted for the first time from 1st to second. Once the clutch is released launch must not activate until the the push button is pressed again. 

I'm open for all suggestions. 

PS: wheel speed input can not be used for activation, because launch controll get activated during handbreak use. A timer based launch activation is also no option, because there is  too big a chance that the driver activates the timer to early before the start. 

I cant see an easy way to do exactly what you ask.  Also unless you have an analog gear position sensor then Gear detection doesnt work when the clutch is depressed so maybe that is not the best solution.

How about something like this:  Only activate when clutch is depressed and front wheel speed has been below 5kmh for more than 5seconds for instance?

The 4wd car is equipped with a hydraulic handbreak, sequential gearbox with barell sensor and all mechanical diffs and has no wheel speed inputs at all. Anyway the wouldn't be usfull, because its a snow rally car and its likely that all wheels look up a few seconds before a corner. This would activate launch. 

For now i have set a timer for the clutch switch. If the clutch is pressed for more than 4 seconds and gear is <2 launch is activated. Think it's okay but not ideal, because launch can still be activated if driver rolls or slides with handbreak with depressed clutch before a turn. 

There are similar issuess on drift cars. So the "one time activation" stategy would be nice.

This got me intrigued (can see the benefit), so I had a look at mechanical options. This came up:

make-latching-relay-with-a-dpst-relay.jp

"Push to make" would be the launch activate button (a momentary), energising the coil and closing the contacts, which because of A-B  being closed would remain closed until "Push to break" is open, which could be the clutch switch or I guess an auxiliary output from the ECU for gear change. The Launch input to the ECU would be on the second pole (C-D).

51 minutes ago, CamB said:

This got me intrigued (can see the benefit), so I had a look at mechanical options. This came up:

make-latching-relay-with-a-dpst-relay.jp

"Push to make" would be the launch activate button (a momentary), energising the coil and closing the contacts, which because of A-B  being closed would remain closed until "Push to break" is open, which could be the clutch switch or I guess an auxiliary output from the ECU for gear change. The Launch input to the ECU would be on the second pole (C-D).

Okay, I see. Thank you for the solution. The only thing which is not so nice, you must have depressed the clutch when you push the activation button. In a perfect world, just the button (push to make) must be pushed and the next time the clutch is disengaged (Push to break makes contact) launch is activated. When the clutch is released(push to break opens) launch is deactivated as long as the activation button is not pressed again. 

think something similar to your mechanical solution is already possible with GP outputs and timers. Check out my solution in the attachment. I have not tested it on an ECU yet, but think it should work.  The only downside, you have to push the launch button while you press the clutch.  If we manage to find a way that you can push the button anytime to activate launch for next clutch down, it would be perfect. 

My solution works as follow: 

DI 8 is a momentary Clutch Switch, DI 9 is the momentary Launch Button 

Virtual AUX 3 gets on if Clutch and Button is pressed at the same time.  It's an extension fo AUX 2 (to get more conditions on AUX 2) 

[Virtual Aux 2 gets on when Virtual AUX 3 is on]    OR    [DI 8 is on (Clutch pressed) AND Timer 4 is zero (first-time ignition on, timer 4 is and stays on zero)]

Virtual AUX 3 activates Virtual AUX 2 for the first time, once Virtual AUX 3 is on Timer 4 is started. This makes the other two conditions on VA 3 true, so the VA 3 stays active also if the Launch Button is not pushed anymore.  

If DI 8 goes off (= Clutch released) timer 4 is reset to zero.  So the "hold on" condition for VA 3 is no longer meet. 

One_time_Launch_activation_.thumb.JPG.c51a6bc3b555b66824daaa4e751c6dbb.JPG

okay guys, think I got it. I have not tested it but think this is going to work, that the Launch button can be pressed anytime, so the next Clutch press will activate Launch control one time. 

I have not tested it on a car but I will let you know as soon I got the possibility. One_time_Launch_activation_Launch_button_press_anytime.thumb.JPG.b93d14162aa451e14b16b58f80609a6a.JPG