Unable to connect?

M1tch

Hi all,

I have my new Link Xtreme and a plug and play harness to fit to my MR2, plugged it all in, connected the USB cable etc, turned the key on and a blue light comes on the ECU. 

I have downloaded the latest version of PC link and the drivers etc installed but the software can't seem to find the ECU for me to be able to unlock it etc.

I have tried using a window 10 laptop - plugged into COM1 and set the system to auto - can't find the ECU

I then plugged into a windows 10 tablet - plugged into the only COM port (COM1) and it still can't find the ECU

Am I doing something wrong? I have cycled the key a fair few times, I get the light on the ECU but I guess nothing is connecting up with the laptop/tablet - I have the drivers installed etc so I am a bit of a loss :(

There are 2 possible connection spots on the xtreme ecu.  One says COMS the other says CAN.  You want the coms port.  hopefully this is how you have it.

Do you have anything in the CAN port?  Sometimes (more specific to older units) if you have something in the CAN port at the same time you will disrupt communication.

2 minutes ago, Brad Burnett said:

There are 2 possible connection spots on the xtreme ecu.  One says COMS the other says CAN.  You want the coms port.  hopefully this is how you have it.

Do you have anything in the CAN port?  Sometimes (more specific to older units) if you have something in the CAN port at the same time you will disrupt communication.

Hmm I will check that - didn't think I could plug the same USB cable into either, can't see any marking on the ports so will just try the other port and see if that works - thank for the help!