Help please"  lately i`ve encountered problems with maintaining communication when using serial-link to my ECU,  It connects then after a minute sometimes less it stops, i`ve replaced the serial to usb and updated its driver but still the same problem, anyone else had this issue? if so what was the fix?

Cheers.

I've moved your post to the G1 section.  Does it only disconnect with the engine running or will it disconnect after a short time regardless of engine running or not?

Hi Peter,

Sorry I forgot to get back to you on this one for a couple of days.  I think since it loses comms with the engine off we can rule out electrical interference and concentrate more on the Seriallink/USB adapter.

Im my experience the Seriallink is generally robust/reliable but the USB>serial adapters are pretty flaky, so my suspicions are still leaning more towards the USB adapter.  However, I know you have said you have already tried another USB>serial adapter.  If you are in NZ I might be able to lend you my serial link & possibly a USB adapter to try.

Cheers for the offer Adam but I think ive sorted now,  it seems as though i had more than one driver request for the serial/usb adapter, i removed all PCLINK & usb/serial drivers and reinstalled and yipee we`re back to normal.