Link g4+ subaru wrx v1 starting problem

PhilS

Hi all. 

I'm wondering if any one could help.. 

I stored away my wrx which I've had running the link ecu for about 10 months, all had been fine however while it was in storage the battery got disconnected for the entire time. (my dad removed the battery to charge it). However now it won't start I don't know if its ecu related I re uploaded my last map to see if it made any change but no. The car has a sigma m34 immobiliser the car is turning over and getting fuel but it's not starting. Is there a way to rule ecu out or would it be more likely the immobiliser isn't working properly? 

Kind regards 

While it's cranking you can check the Triggers / Limits tab in runtimes (F12) to verify the ecu isn't cutting ignition while cranking (Engine Protection box).  You can also verify that you're getting crank & cam triggers & accurate rpm at the ecu on the same tab.

From your description, I'd check the underhood ignition fuses if everything in software checks out.

Hi I've been looking at the car all day. In the software trigger 1 is OK but nothing shows for trigger 2?..should I have both? I've checked I have ignition at the coil but no signal to the coils? 

Tomorrow I'm going to fire the coils using the tthe software.. See if I get a spark. 

Is there any thing else I can check? 

Kind regards 

2 hours ago, PhilS said:

Hi I've been looking at the car all day. In the software trigger 1 is OK but nothing shows for trigger 2?

Yes, trig 1 signal and trig 2 signal should both normally say yes when it is all happy.  To confirm it is a trigger problem check if realistic RPM is displayed while cranking (say 180-250RPM).  If you have no RPM then you have a trigger problem so the next step would be to do a triggerscope capture while cranking.  Video showing how to do that:  https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiYbYlZQuRHPmieMTkwQDCXEb2LY

Hi thanks very much for the reply. I've switch to the standard ecu just now to determine if there was an issue with ecu but it's exactly the same so I can rule the ecu out now. Definitely looking like a trigger problem so will have a look at the video now ☺ and swap ecu back to the link. 

Thanks again