Subaru Version 8 G4+

Fotis

Hi there, i have just installed a link pnp ecu in a Subaru impreza STi Version 8 Spec C. My first problem is that the rpm in my dash does not work,  it will sweep with the key on. I have also turned off Aux 4 -Tacho and the settings for the cluster to sweep and it still sweeps. While the engine is working my rpm in the cluster does not work i have rpm in the software,i have also checked the C9 that is the rpm signal out and it does go to the cluster. Any help with that? 

** Uptade for the rpm signal i guess i should assign it at ignition aux 5?

Second problem is that it idles very high, i have tried all the combinations that you can thing in the idle control settings and nothing works.If i Change the % duty of the solenoid or something else nothing changes it is like i don't have a solenoid wired in. ( I have  check the wiring and it is correct.) 

Here are the log and pclr files.

idleeeee.llg idle problem.pclr

Edited by Fotis

The inital gauge sweep in a lot of the newer subaru's is controlled by the gauge cluster and it doesnt "accept" rpm signal input until a couple seconds after startup. Do all the gauges sweep at the same time?

Which model ECU have you got, and was this car originally e-throttle or cable throttle? (it changes the pinout). Sounds like some of the pins are connected/assigned wrong as your idle rpm doesnt seem to relate to your idle valve DC% at all.

Tacho should be on Ign 5, not Aux 4.  

For the idle try unplugging the idle valve, if it still idles too high you have an air leak or the throttle blade is too far open.  Note the idle is so high it is bouncing the over-run fuel cut on/off.