G4+ for Nissan 300ZX - 02 sensor, IAT, knock sensor questions

vtvette

Hello all,

After exhaustive research I am planning on a Link G4+ ECU for my 1990 Nissan 300ZX twinturbo. I have a few simple questions to start:

I have a Innovative Motorsport DLG-1 dual wide band gauge and LC-2 controller already installed in my car. Through research I understand how to interface with the G4+ (yellow analog wire). Is there any reason at all to keep the factory narrow band 02 sensors with the G4+? Can I eliminate them?

I will be using the G4+ built in MAP sensor. The 300ZX didn't have a factory IAT sensor until 1996. I assume I should also install an IAT sensor?

Is it recommended to upgrade the factory knock sensor or, is it sufficient? If so what do you all recommend?

Thank you.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:20 PM, vtvette said:

Is there any reason at all to keep the factory narrow band 02 sensors with the G4+? Can I eliminate them?

Where are you located?  I'm assuming you're not under any sort of emissions control for license / registration?  I did something similar on my 350z/z33 where I'm using wideband o2 input, eliminated my OEM narrow bands but I stubbed off the connection with deutsch connector just incase I have to have them re-installed.  

+1 to the IAT.  In the 350z realm its common to ditch the OEM MAF and use the on-board MAP (of your aftermarket platform) and then wire-in a standard GM IAT thermistor.   

Thank you both for the excellent advice.

BeallJK I am in Las Vegas, NV and registered as a classic vehicle.

I carefully removed my OEM maf and o2 harnesses removing the pin's at the ECU connector so, they could be re-installed if ever needed.

Recommendation on ideal placement of the GM IAT sensor?

Thanks again,