Aim Dash - Can Connection Issue

KevR32GTR

Link geniuses,

I am attempting to install my link Strada MXS to my G4+ PNP GTR ecu. When i connect the CAN 1 connect to the ECU board, my ECU goes offline, and i lose connection from my PC. if i unplug, it connects right back. I am able to plug into CAN 2, and everything is fine, it still allows me to connect.

Have any of you seen this issue?

Also, can i run the link dash on CAN 2 (OBD) or does it have to run on CAN 2 (RS232).

Thanks,

Kevin 

Quick note i forgot to mention.

I am using the CANPCB connection, with the CANDASH flying lead. i read another post on this forum that stated the issue could be that not all 4 wire are connected. Do i need to use the CANF connector instead of the CANDASH?

7 hours ago, KevR32GTR said:

with the CANDASH flying lead.

This is the problem, despite the name it is not really suitable for CAN only dashes - it was for the old displaylink dash which used both serial and CAN.  It has the two serial pins inside so that will upset the laptop comms.

The easiest fix it to plug it in to the CAN2/OBD socket which doesnt have serial pins so it will work fine as you have found. 

Hey Adam,

i went ahead and depinned everything but the white and green wires, and got it to connect. i was able to get the aim to transmit, but when i go to can set up and select CAN 1 options as shown in the instructions, i am not getting any data to feed over to my AIM MXS Strada.