BMW M52/54 Cam Sensor

PolePosition

Hi, I am setting up my Link fury in my m52. I am using the newer/more normal m54 sensor as many do. I checked pinout, pin 1 12v, pin 2 signal (5v pullup) and pin 3 shielded ground. I am getting crank trigger as well. Any idea on what I could be doing wrong? Maybe cam pins are different? Please see attached scope

cam issue.JPG

That trigger scope has only captured less than half a crank rev.  Can you do it again - make sure you only click capture when the engine is already turning.

Im not 100% sure but I suspect not all of the M54 cam sensors are hall effect, are you sure yours is?  On the M52 that originally had the Siemens ecu with the odd cam sensor it is more common to swap in the M50 Vanos cam sensor.  If you know 100% for sure yours is a hall effect then it should work but I think not all M54 sensors are the same.

The Hall effect M54 sensor pinout is below: 

qwRCusb.png

• 5 months later...

I am using the M54 Cam sensor 12141438081, google searches says this is a Hall sensor, I just wired in the G4X and am having the same issue.

The car starts and runs pretty well on the base tune, but "Trig2 Signal" always says "No" and the trigger scope seems to be missing for trig2, trig1 looks ok to me.