Link Xtreme Black Idle Issue

Nosman4

88 Toyota Supra 7mgte, I am having an issue with my link ecu where the ecu does not adjust my idle correctly. It works correctly when set on normal, but when I select reverse the base idle step numbers change so that small numbers lower the idle and large numbers raise the idle. The ecu still thinks the opposite though and adjusts to higher numbers when wanting to lower the idle. It works fine if I just change to open loop. Is there a setting to change or should I just run it in normal direction? My tuner normally runs them in reverse and I just can’t seem to get it to work that way. Thanks for any help.

Ian

It will depend how the motor coils are wired.  Set it to whichever direction gives you higher RPM when you decrease the steps in the base position table when in open loop.  It sounds like yours is wired so the direction should be normal.

Is there any way to change how the ecu interprets the values? Not that it really matters, idle control works setup like you said, with smaller numbers being higher idle. Just curious, because he said that's how all the jz's work with the plug and play ecus, the opposite of normal in the link ecu, High values = High Idle set in reverse operation.

No, how you have it is correct, your "mate" is wrong.  Have a look at our supra base map.  The numbers in the base position table are "Steps from fully open", so a larger number means the valve is more closed = lower RPM.  It must be set up this way and will only work correctly this way.

If he sets it in reverse so the numbers in the base position table are reversed then closed loop idle will not work as the ecu will be closing the valve when it has to open it.

Here is the explanation in the help file:

5xb5dFe.png