E36 PNP Won't Idle (Turbo M52)

JRHemmen

Hey all, been working with a remote tuner to get my M52 dialed in. I'm running 750cc injectors (though apparently I ended up with knockoffs so who knows what they really are), 8.5:1 CR, M50 manifold, and a precision 6262 turbo. 

I pulled out my ICV, cleaned it, and confirmed it opens and closes when 12V is applied directly. The car dies when I let off the gas (even just if I don't shift fast enough) so I've got to pop the clutch to restart it every time, and it barely idles. 

Is there something glaringly wrong in this tune? I'm not sure what the issue would be since I know the ICV works and I haven't poked much around the configs in the ecu myself. 

Additionally, I've got my MAP and BOV running off the same vacuum tee into the manifold and I noticed today in the manual you aren't supposed to do that. I unplugged the bov line and plugged it (since I was just idling) and it made no difference. I also unplugged the ICV from the harness and that made no difference either, so I'm wondering if it's just configured completely wrong in the ecu. 

Thanks! 

4msbase rev 4.pclr 4msrev4_log1.llg 4msrev4_log2.llg

Unsure if this is related (but adding it just in case), the engine seems really unresponsive as well. If I blip the throttle it takes a second before it actually revs up. Putting the throttle down a bit (not 100%) results in the car bucking and stumbling quite a bit as well. 

Yeah that looks like a bit of a mess, I have changed many of the idle settings back to how they should be, try the file attached below and do another log if it is still no good.

2 hours ago, JRHemmen said:

Unsure if this is related (but adding it just in case), the engine seems really unresponsive as well. If I blip the throttle it takes a second before it actually revs up. Putting the throttle down a bit (not 100%) results in the car bucking and stumbling quite a bit as well. 

There is very little advance in your ignition table so that is going to make it feel very flat.  Your lambda looks nowhere close to target.  You also have the boost cut set at 130kpa so you are hitting that a lot.  

4msbaserev4 fixed idle.pclr

On 8/31/2020 at 12:45 AM, Adamw said:

Yeah that looks like a bit of a mess, I have changed many of the idle settings back to how they should be, try the file attached below and do another log if it is still no good.

There is very little advance in your ignition table so that is going to make it feel very flat.  Your lambda looks nowhere close to target.  You also have the boost cut set at 130kpa so you are hitting that a lot.  

4msbaserev4 fixed idle.pclr 166.05 kB · 1 download

Thanks Adam! I missed this as I had email notifications seemingly turned off for the forum. I'll try this out and come back with my results, and I'll send it over to my tuner as well.