Vehicle Speed Sensor Calibration question

Pete_89t2

I'm using a G4+ Fury on a modified FD RX7 with a GM DBW throttle body, and am trying to set up the Link to implement cruise control. I'm using the FD's OEM vehicle speed sensor on the transmission, which drives both the factory speedo on the dash and Digital Input #1 on the Link as my speed source for driven wheel speed.

What I'm lacking is a good number to plug into the "calibration" field for DI#1 - currently it has a 220 there, and the driven wheel speed being logged by the Link with the 220 is way higher than the actual speed indicated on the OEM dash speedo as I drive the car. BTW, I've checked the factory dash speedo against my GPS, and it's pretty accurate - within 1~3% of what GPS is reading.

So I'm guessing unless someone knows a specific number I can use for the FD's speed sensor, I'll have to derive it by doing some test drives and logging - drive at constant speed & record it, while simultaneously logging driven wheel speed on the Link. Do this at a few different speeds, and then do the math to figure out the calibration factor. Would this work?