Autotrans Fan

Kassan1973

HiAll, i have a transcooler with fan attached and want to set a turn on temp for the fan.

I have the BTR ohms and temp settings for the factory temp sensor in gearbox which i can put into a calibration table but wanted to clarify  which output to switch it on. i have assigned AN temp 3 as gearbox temp with a table attached, do i assign the aux output as a GP output then add the AN temp 3 as the switch point ? at say 90Deg

Is there anyway of setting an OFF temp in this situation like the hysteresis value in the usual engine fan scenario.

Cheers   

G4 extreme ecu

Just looking again at the GP output is has a on and off value ? would this be in deg C and when i nominate the ANT3 for condition it comes up with a gearbox temp in the box below ( fine) and then a window next to it ? will this window represent the actual gearbox temp once i have laptop connected to ecu as i can currently put a figure in here altough i just playing around on my desk top to get it all figured out before doing on the actual ecu 

Thanks Again

Thanks Adam a bit different to what i had setup but great.

Thanks for reply 

HI Adam just read all this makes some sense now i always like to understand what i am setting up for future reference.

Example:  Creating Hysteresis (on at one value, off at a lower value)

It is quite common to want to turn an output on at a value (eg 4000 RPM) but not want it to switch off until a lower value (eg 2000 RPM).  This is often used by factory vehicles for intake runner control (eg Toyota TVIS) or switched cam control.  The following numbers show how to turn the auxiliary output 2 on when engine speed goes above 4000 RPM and keep it on until engine speed falls below 2000 RPM.

Switch Logic = Cond (1 AND 2) OR 3

SW Cond1 = RPM >

Sw Value1 = 2000

SW Cond2 = AuxValue1 = ON

Sw Value2 = 2 (the selected auxiliary outputs number)

SW Cond3 = RPM >

Sw Value3 = 4000

This may seem a little confusing but can be explained by breaking the switch logic down.  The logic is:

On when (RPM > 2000 AND Aux 2 is On) OR (RPM > 4000)

It works in the following manner:

1. Assume the auxiliary output is already off.
2. As engine speed goes above 2000 RPM, the conditions we have are RPM is above 2000, but aux 2 is not on or RPM is not above 4000.
· On when (RPM > 2000 AND Aux 2 is On) OR (RPM > 4000)
· On when (true AND false) OR false.
· On when false OR false
· On = false
3. As engine speed goes above 4000 RPM, the conditions we have are RPM is above 2000, but aux 2 is not on or RPM is above 4000.
· On when (true AND false) OR true.
· On when false OR true
· On = true
4. As engine speed goes back below 4000 RPM, the conditions we have are RPM is above 2000 and aux 2 is on but RPM is not above 4000.
· On when (true AND true) OR false.
· On when true OR false
· On = true
5. As engine speed goes back below 2000 RPM, the conditions we have are RPM is not above 2000, but aux 2 is on or RPM is not above 4000.
· On when (false AND true) OR false.
· On when false OR false
· On = false

The point to note here is that the auxiliary output uses its own on/off state to select what RPM it turns on/off at.  When it is not on, it turns on at 4000 RPM, but when it is on, it turns off at 2000 RPM.